Santa Cruz Trek 4 days - group departures
Probably the best known and recommended trek in the Cordillera Blanca
Very true: breathtaking trek. Ideal for visitors who don´t want to spend to
much time in the mountains or for those with a only a couple of days
Maximum 8 minimum 2 participants.
All included but sleeping bag (can be hired).
All private transport (never public transport), guide/cook/donkey driver, inflatable thermarest mat + foam mat included, all entrance fees included, max 7 kg per person personal items on the donkeys, your date of departure IS
the date of your departure (no "unexpected" waiting for days in Huaraz for more people to join) ...
Information about this trek in private service
| Tent Breakfast Lunch Dinner
| Transport Huaraz - Cashapampa (3000 m). Hike to Llamacoral (3650 m).
Distance: 90 km (transport). Hiking 9 km.
Walking time: 4-5 hours
| Llamacoral - Alpamayo basecamp (Arhuaycocha Valley) - Taullipampa (4250 m).
Distance: 10 km
Walking time: 6-7 hours
| Taullipampa - Punta Union pass (4750 m) - Quenual Pampa (Huaripampa Valley, 3700 m).
Distance: 11 km
Walking time: 6-7 hours
| Quenual Pampa - Vaqueria (3000 m). Transport Vaqueria - Huaraz.
Distance: 6 km
Walking time: 2.5-3 hours
We reserve the right to inverse the route, starting in Vaqueria and ending in Cashapampa. Exactly the same sites will be visited.
- Private transport from/to your ho(s)tel.
- Official guide (moderate English, not fluent)
- Cook (>3 participants, otherwise guide cooks)
- Donkeys & donkey drivers. Max. 7 kg per client personal luggage on the donkeys.
- Good and varied food (vegetarian option, see FAQ below for more info)
- All camping equipment, dining tent with tables & chairs and cooking/eating utensils.
- High mountain sleeping tents (3 person tents for every 2 clients).
- Thermarest self-inflatable mattress + foam mattress.
- Emergency horse (>3 participants).
- All entrance fees.
- First aid kit & oxygen bottle.
- Additional beverages or meals in villages
- Breakfast on the 1st and dinner on the last day
- Return or abortion otherwise as planned itinerary: transport & possible accommodation costs (also for staff)
- Personal mountain equipment such as trekking shoes, rain/wind jacket/pants, hat, gloves, sunglasses etc.
- Sleeping bag (more info)
FAQ group departures:
What days can start the group departures
Departures can be on the day of your choice.
Can we book on-site?
The quality of the tours sold in Huaraz (99%) are not at the level of our minimum
requierements (general quality, proper payment of staff, sudden extra costs,
unwanted surprises, ...).
In order to organize a trek properly, get one of the better guides etc. it is
very much recommendable to book well in advance.
Needless to say that left-over guides, cooks,… are not usually the best.
For these reasons, to start a new group departure, you have to book at least 4 weeks in advance in order to give us a chance to look for more participants over the internet.
Hotels, Bus before/after trek?
We can also organize transfers, hotels in Huaraz or other cities, packages in the rest of
the country etc. If you would prefer more services, from the airport in Lima
for example or a complete Peru travel package, please let us know.
How many days acclimatization do we need before starting the trek?
We recommend at least 1 full day (2 nights) on altitude before starting the trek. If you have been on altitude in the South of the country before (Colca Canyon, Puno, Cusco – all on altitude) or in Huaraz you shouldn´t consider this anymore and might as well go to the trek immediately after arrival to Huaraz.
Can you accommodate food sensitivities?
Our cooks are used to dealing with vegetarians and will do all they can to deal with gluten issues. However, other clients and staff may have a conventional diet.
Meals are prepared in the same tent and scents of meals can not be avoided. if you do not want to eat your meal in the same tent with clients having a conventional diet, please inquire about a private tour.